2015 CHARM - 31st Anniversary Conference "Crossing Boundaries, Spanning Borders: Voyages around Marketing's Past" - May 28 - 31, 2015
Scholars from around the globe were called upon to cast a critical look on the history of marketing and how these outputs might be taken to reflect on past epochs to enhance our understanding.
Both individual papers and entire panels on all aspects of marketing history, historic marketing, and the history of marketing thought in all geographic areas and all time frames were welcomed. In accordance with the Conference theme, we welcomed papers that both examined the history of marketing as a discipline and also critically drew on marketing as a source in reconstructing the past. Topics included but were not exclusively restricted to the following:
- Marketing pioneers, the development and evolution of the marketing discipline;
- Varieties of marketing cultures and histories;
- Writing the past: constructing histories in/for marketing;
- The role of relationships and networks in marketing;
- Branding and brand development;
- Market research;
- Marketing history "from below" - how consumers and citizens respond to and interact with firms and brands;
- Distribution and packaging;
- Sector case studies, for example beauty and fashion marketing, transportation, leisure, etc.;
- Marketing in the projection of national and regional identities.
We also encouraged submissions that discuss methodological, pedagogical and historiographical questions in marketing.
(Doctoral Workshop 27 - 28 May 2015)
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Sunday, December 14, 2014.
More information available here.